You can either meet us by the ticket office at Harlow Carr at 11am or meet us in the allotments car park on Scarcroft at 10am. To count as a group we must all enter the gardens together so please don't be late. When we are in the garden everyone is free to do their own thing. We will plan to head home around 3pm, unless you make other arrangements with the other people in your car. We are not going to hire a coach just do car shares, so if you are interested in attending please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us the following:
- how many are in your party
- if there are any children in your party under 6 (as they will get in free anyway)
- whether you will be taking your own car and whether you might have space for some additional passengers.
- if you don't have a car but are looking for a lift please also let us know so that we can try to fix you up with one.
- if you are already a personal member of the RHS. You are very welcome to join us, but as you already get in free we won't count you towards our 55 total.
- please also give us a mobile phone number for you so that we can contact you if you are late and don't end up waiting for someone who is not coming or waiting for someone who has already gone home in another car.
It is about 25 miles each way to Harlow Carr, so please will each person who is getting lift please give the driver of the car they are travelling in £2 to cover their petrol costs.
The highlight of the visit may be the kitchen garden, the sweet pea display or possibly Betty's Tea Room depending on your outlook. Feel free to take a packed lunch though. If you want more information about the garden visit http://www.rhs.org.uk/Gardens/Harlow-Carr/About-Harlow-Carr