- 10am-4pm Vegetable Advisory Stand and Display. Visit the Plant Centre and seek advice about growing vegetables from local expert and broadcaster Joe Maiden.
- 10am-4pm Crazy Container Planting. Get involved with planting vegetables. Bring along an unusual container and we will help you plant it up with veggies the whole family can watch grow and enjoy. A grow your own starter kit will be awarded to the wackiest container brought on the day!
- 10.30am, 11.30am, 1.15pm, 2.15 & 3.15Talks – ‘Growing in Container Pots’ * Saturday 6th Only Study Centre
- Book early for your chance to discover the joys of growing your own fruit and vegetables whatever the size of your plot. This ‘Veg Growing in Containers’ talk is ideal for beginner gardeners and will gently guide you through this enjoyable topic. With plenty of insider tips, tricks and info on how to select the best varieties, which containers to use and how to look after your patio crops!
- 11am,11.45am, 12.30pm, 1.15pm, 2pm & 2.30pmKitchen Garden Walks * Meet outside the Teaching Greenhouse. Book early for your chance to join our RHS gardeners who will guide you around the Kitchen Garden. The National Vegetable Society will be on hand after the walk to answer questions and offer gardening tips and advice.
- 10am-4pm Visit Mrs Cluck Cluck Near BettysTeahouse. Ever wondered how to get started with your own free range hens? Mrs Cluck Cluck can provide you with all the information you need to get started no matter what sort of outside space you have available!
- 12:15pm and 2:15pmCookery Demonstrations * Teaching Greenhouse. Book early and have your taste buds tantalized whilst watching Andrew Woods from the Vegetarian Society cook up some tasty spring themed recipes, using vegetables from the RHS Kitchen Garden.
- 10am-12pm, 1pm-2pm Bread Making Workshop Teaching Greenhouse. Come and bake some homemade bread to go with your delicious home-grown vegetable dishes!
- National Vegetable Society. The NGS will be on site both days to dish out advice, tips and container planting advice.
- 10am-4pm River Swale Organic Fruit & Vegetables Near BettysTeahouse. Bringing information on organic seasonal vegetables & fruit from their farm to your door.
Places will be allocated on the day 30 minutes prior to each talk.
RHS members free. Saturday £1 only.
For more details http://www.rhs.org.uk/harlowcarr