- You would need to be able to commit to at least 2 sessions a month
- Opening hours are Saturday 1.30 - 3.30 (you would need to be prepared to be there from 1 til 4pm) and Sunday 10 - 1pm (you would need to be prepared to be there from 10.45 - 1.15). If a lot of people are interested in helping out I might split the shift in two on a Sunday to make it easier. Ideally we would like people to commit their time a least one month in advance.
- There will always be 2 people working in the shop at any one time.
- Jobs will include serving customers, sweeping up, bagging up supplies, labelling, carrying bags of compost, signing up new members and gassing to the customers or giving gardening advice as some people call it. If you are unable to do the heavy work don't worry we will make sure you are on a shift with someone that is. You don't need any gardening knowledge, again let us know if you don't and we will put with someone who does.
- It's an entirely voluntary post. There is no pay and no staff discounts. We do it for the love of it I'm afraid.
- Any members are welcome to apply. Men and women, older and younger, strong and less so, experts and novices, pro chemical and organic.
Please show your interest by dropping us an e-mail on email@example.com and put 'shop help' in the subject line.
We look forward to working with you.