Turn your back for a moment and the marrows will be upon you. The barrow was needed to get this lot home.
Here's 2 courgette recipes I picked up recently.
Courgette and Feta Soup (as told me by Ruth Hodgins)
- onions, garlic, courgette, veg stock and feta
- cook the onions until translucent, add garlic, add cubed courgettes, add veg stock, cook til courgettes soft then crumble in feta. Easy and delicious
Courgette Tea Cake
- 1 egg, 125 ml sunflower oil, 175g courgettes (grated), 150g wholemeal flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 175g sugar, 75g sultanas, 75g walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 C / gas mark 4
- grease and line a loaf tin
- beat egg and sunflower oil together
- grate courgettes
- add flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, spices, sugar,sultanas and walnuts to courgettes and mix
- mix in egg and oil mix and pour into tin
- cook for 1 hour and test with a skewer to check it is cooked (if it comes out clean it is).