Time: 11.30-1pm. (not 11 o'clock start as it said on the first e-mail)
Date: Sunday 9th May 2010
How to do it:
- bring along any spare seedlings you have, with full name (species and variety - i.e. tomato (cordon): moneymaker or pumpkin: jack frost ), and perhaps even a picture from the seed catalogue
- you can make labels by cutting up yoghurt pots - but a stock of labels will be provided too
- use clean pots so diseases aren't passed on
- make sure seedlings are hardened off ready for transplantation (so give yourself at least a few days to get them ready)
- be on hand, if you can, to swap information too, about why you grow this variety, and any other cultural tips you can pass on to your swap-friends
This is the first time we have tried this event so please support it and come along.
Laura Potts and Linda James will be on hand to help out.